The Center for Assessment, Referral and Education (CARE) is committed to the health and well-being of our campus community and is OPEN. CARE services are available during the office hours of Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM and Tuesday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM. To access CARE services, please call 404-894-3498 and you will be provided further instructions.
We will be closely following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Georgia Department of Health to practice social distancing, provide health education to our clients, and practice effective workplace hygiene as protection from contracting and spreading Covid-19. Therefore, the following temporary changes will be in effect:
- CARE is shifting from a walk-in model to an appointment-based model due to Covid-19 and the need to carefully control client traffic and flow.
- CARE will be offering telebehavioral health assessments for students. We will follow strict criteria that identifies which students will need an in-person appointment.
- CARE services are available during the office hours of Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM and1:00 PM – 4:00 PM and Tuesday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM. To access CARE services, please call 404-894-3498 and you will be provided further instructions.
- Students located within the state of Georgia will be assigned to a counselor for an assessment. The counselor will reach out by email to provide further instructions and your initial paperwork.
- Students located outside the state of Georgia will be assigned to a counselor and will receive a brief consultation and be provided with referrals to local community resources. Due to licensing restrictions our scope of services only includes students currently located in the state of Georgia.
- Students are encouraged to practice good hygiene, to stay at home if they are sick, to avoid close contact with people who are sick, and to practice social distancing.
- Clients and visitors will be asked to wear a mask and answer health screening questions being served.
- After business hours, clients can continue to reach a counselor at any time via phone by calling our main number at (404) 894-3498 and selecting option 1 to speak with the after-hours counselor.
The following are other emergency resources:
- Campus Police: 404-894-2500
- Office of the Vice President and Dean of Students: 404-894-6367
- Victim-Survivor Advocate: 404-385-4464/4451
- Georgia Crisis and Access Line: 1-800-715-4225
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Trevor Lifeline: 866-488-7386