Center for Assessment, Referral and Education (CARE) opened in August 2019 to support the campus growing need to access mental health and well-being resources. CARE provides mental health assessments, referrals to on and off campus resources, crisis intervention, and case management.
The CARE Student Ambassador program started to give students an opportunity to partner with CARE to increase the utilization of mental health and well-being resources on and off campus. The CARE Student Ambassador program is looking for diverse students who are passionate about mental health and well-being resources. CARE Student Ambassadors are graduate and undergraduate students who are interested in reducing mental health stigma and promote help seeking behaviors among peers. Students should expect to attend monthly meetings and participate in hosting and creating outreach opportunities for the GT community.
The following are expectations of the CARE Student Ambassadors:
- Student is enrolled at the Georgia Institute of Technology and expect to continue to be enrolled at least through Spring 2022
- Student is willing to complete a short interview.
- Student is willing to attend monthly meetings
- Student is willing to attend weekly training days during the Fall 2021 semester
- Student will be respectful and open to learning new perspectives.
Thank you for your interest in applying to be a CARE Student Ambassador. The deadline for submitted applications will be 11:59 pm on August 31, 2021. There will be short interviews held between August 23rd - September 3rd, 2021.
If you have any questions please contact Ariyanna White, Clinical Case Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org